This safe and highly effective physical exfoliation procedure removes the top-most layer of dead skin along with fine vellus hair, also called “peach fuzz”. Dermaplaning will reduce the build-up of dead surface skin leading to more vibrant and even skin tone and texture. It’s more aggressive than a microdermabrasion, but similar to a peel, without the downtime!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Temporary removal of “peach fuzz” covering the face, leading to more vibrant and even skin tone and texture
- Removing the epidermal skin also allows products to penetrate more readily into the deeper layers of the skin
- Increase the production of collagen and elastin to fight signs of aging
- Hyperkeratosis reduction
- Dermaplaning will reduce the build-up of dead surface skin that causes acne
- No downtime, immediate results
Dermaplaning is beneficial for patients with rough, dry skin, superficial hyperpigmentation, mild acne scarring and those with fine lines and wrinkles. However, it is not advised to those with acne.
After cleansing your face, our skin care specialist will use a small, surgical blade to gently scrape the surface of the epidermis with light, feathery strokes. Dermaplaning will remove dirt, oil , dead skin cells and vellus hair, leaving the skin smooth and vibrant!
There is no recovery time associated with the procedure, you will not leave with red or irritated skin. Make-up and other facial products can be applied immediately following dermaplaning.
Please stop any retinol or glycolic products 72 hours before treatment.
To boost your results after the procedure we recommend one of the following face masks:
- Hyaluronic mask – adds deep moisture to your skin
- Cucumber collagen mask – anti-inflammatory and boosts the immune system of the skin cells
- Pore refining collagen mask – cleans, reduces and minimizes enlarged pores
- Charcoal collagen mask – heals, clears and prevents acne formation
- Arbutin whitening collagen mask – clears complexion, diminishes brown spots and freckles
Enhance Your Natural Beauty
Get in touch with us today to get started!